apiNXT is a nonprofit organization started by experienced API community leaders who not only have a demonstrated passion for and commitment to advancing the API community but also a track record of effective results. They understand the diverse needs of the community and how to get things done. apiNXT was created to fast forward the progress being made by API Americans in breaking down the bamboo ceiling so that we reach the next stage of influence within the next decade...not the next century. apiNXT is built on the understanding that the engagement of current API professionals, young professionals and our youth are critical to accelerating this move forward.
RECENT PAST EVENTS
APINXT ACCELERATE TECH SUMMIT (SACRAMENTO)
SHATTERING THE BAMBOO CEILING IN LAW WITH CALIFORNIA SUPREME COURT JUSTICE GOODWIN LIU AT UC DAVIS SCHOOL OF LAW
SHATTERING THE BAMBOO CEILING WITH CALIFORNIA TREASURER JOHN CHIANG AT HISTORIC & ELEGANT ELKS TOWER PENTHOUSE IN SACRAMENTO
TECH FORECAST 360
Tech Forecast 360 provided a 360 view of what is happening in the economy and the outlook for 2017 as it pertains to the tech industry. Speakers included:
- John Chiang, California State Treasurer
- Scott Anderson, Chief Economist for Bank of the West
- Sean Randolph, Bay Area Economic Council
- Barry Broome, Greater Sacramento Economic Council
- Venture Capitalist Bill Reichert, Garage Technology Ventures
- Venture Capitalist Carl Fritjofsson, Creandum
- Christian Lagerling, GP Bullhound
130 people in attendance. Thanks to our event host K&L Gates.
LUNAR NEW YEAR CELEBRATION
Over 400 people attended!
GLOBAL CASE CHALLENGE
Undergraduate and graduate student teams from the San Francisco Bay area and beyond were invited to compete and pitch innovative ideas and solutions addressing a particular global or local problem or issue. Students presented their ideas to an esteemed panel of judges, who evaluated the student teams’ performances and their business plans based on predetermined criteria. The prize was lunch with legendary Silicon Valley Venture Capitalist Tim Draper who founder Draper Associates, DFJ and the Draper Venture Network, a global network of venture capital funds. The firms investments include Skype, Hotmail, Tesla, Baidu, SpaceX, etc. This event was organized in partnership with Global Chamber San Francisco.
UNDERSTANDING & SUCCEEDING IN THE US & CHINA MARKETS
During this half day seminar organized in partnership with Global Chamber San Francisco, US-China Social Innovation Forum, SGA, & Silicon Vikings, panelists discussed US-China B2B strategies, opportunities, and best practices for better understanding and more successfully entering and capitalizing on business opportunities in US & China. This event is ideal for entrepreneurs, investors, executives, organizations and service providers with a particular interest in US-China markets. apiNXT co-founder Charlotte Danielsson was a speaker at this event, along with:
- Penny Chen, Director, Tax at KPMG and at the China Center of Excellence.
- Henry Fan, Co-founder & Managing Director of Crossvine Capital
- Christina Hsiang, Founding Director of Startups Greater Asia, an organization connecting the startup and venture community in Silicon Valley with that of Greater Asia
- Henry Ines, Executive Director of Global Chamber and Partner at DraperDragon venture capital firm
- Stanley Kwong, Professor at University of San Francisco and 30 year veteran of IBM
- Patrick Liang, CEO of Angel Plus Fund Silicon Valley
- Ethan Schur, Inventor & Futurologist
- Ville Vanhala, Co-founder of Brella and author of 'Emotional Intelligence & Quality Service in Personal Sales
- Jingyuan (Sam) Wong, Founder of NewDo venture capital
- Chuanbo Xu, CEO of Labway USA Corp